Who Are We?
Spring EQ was founded to help homeowners unlock the value of their home by providing visibility to its worth and provide quick access to that equity. By surrounding ourselves with some of the brightest, hard-working minds in the industry, we constantly improve the loan experience for our customers.
All of our team members:
- Strive to make every customer interaction a great one
- Recognize behind every loan is a person or family trusting us to handle what may be a once in a lifetime transaction
- Work hard and have fun to get the job done
- Recognize each team member's unique value
- Encourage ways for our team members to learn, develop, diversify and grow with Spring EQ
- Promote our team members so they can share their knowledge with others
- Innovate, innovate, innovate
- Create and embrace the latest technology
- Simplify constantly, challenging every process we use to better accomplish our goals
- Build upon a strong company culture and foster an environment of togetherness, support, and accountability
Spring EQ is seeking a Director of Compliance to join our team.
The Director of Compliance is responsible for ensuring the company is in full compliance with applicable federal and state statutes and regulations and investor requirements. The Director of Compliance coordinates compliance audits, testing and reporting, and is responsible for overseeing, documenting and testing changes to guidelines, processes, policies and procedures as needed. The Director of Compliance will work directly with sales, operations, IT, and corporate departments to ensure company processes are executed in accordance with compliance standards.
- Manages compliance-related activities of the company and maintains the company’s compliance management system, providing reports to the senior management team, auditors, investors and regulators as required.
- Coordinates and executes federal and state examinations and audits.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the company to conform with regulations, working with department managers to ensure clarity, adherence, and consistency with company goals.
- Leads team of compliance specialists with responsibilities supporting the compliance function.
- Creates and maintains a compliance testing program to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerabilities and risk. Recommends corrective action plans and conducts remediation testing.
- Conducts systems testing and regression testing relating to new processes, system updates, or product offerings.
- Maintains relationships with critical compliance vendors.
- Ensures HMDA data quality and ensures completion of federal and state compliance reports.
- Maintains and coordinates acquisition of company, branch and loan originator licenses.
- Maintains detailed understanding of laws and regulations applicable to mortgage lending, including both open-end and closed-end products.
- Provides routine guidance to business units on regulatory requirements, and serves as resource for questions regulatory matters and compliance initiatives.
- Remains responsible for a high level of confidentiality and security while handling sensitive information of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, write, and communicate at a level consistent with the requirements of this position.
- Ability to clearly organize compliance information, understand relevant laws, identify and fix any discrepancies that may arise.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to write accurate reports and documents, and sort and interpret data.
- Holds self to a high level of quality.
- Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic to obtain personal and company goals.
- Ability to stay organized to easily retrieve information and documents as needed.
Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or commensurate professional experience in mortgage banking compliance, required.
- At least ten years’ experience in mortgage banking, with at least five years’ experience in a compliance-related leadership role required.
- Mortgage banking operations experience a plus.
- Professional compliance credential, such as CMCP or CRCM, a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word and Excel.
- 401k Company Match
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Holidays
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Care Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off Plan
- Vision Insurance
Spring EQ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.